For about fifteen years, Frances Benn Hall (1918 – 2014) reviewed nearly every play produced by the principal theatre companies in the Berkshires. Franny Hall was the doyenne of the local theatre scene long before the arrival of the upstarts at Shakespeare and Co. In fact, it wasn’t long after Tina Packer arrived from England that Franny delivered a cache of books to her, remainders from her previous employer, the Windsor Mountain school (presently Boston University Tanglewood Institute).
- A Thousand Clowns at Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Mother Courage and her Children at Shakespeare & Co.
- Heroes at Shakespeare & Co. review
- The 39 Steps at Shakespeare and Co.
- A Chorus Line at BTF
- Review of The Importance of Being Earnest at Williamstown Theatre Festival
- Review of King Lear at Shakespeare & Co.
- Memory of Water at Shakespeare and Co.
- In The Mood at Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Sylvia at Berkshire Theatre Festival
Hotels in the Berkshires
Find hotels near Tanglewood with user reviews, check amenities, nearby attractions, availability and then book your room reservations at these lodging establishments through our partner, International Hotel Solutions (IHS), the leading provider of secure online hotel reservations.
2020 Tanglewood tickets
BSO.org is the only official source for purchasing tickets to Tanglewood performances and events. If you do not see BSO.org in the address bar when viewing the performance schedule and purchasing tickets, please close your browser and visit www.BSO.org. Tickets are also available via SymphonyCharge at 888-266-1200.