Yo-Yo Ma was born in Paris and now lives in the Berkshires. His Tanglewood concerts with the Boston Symphony Orchestra usually are scheduled for Sunday matinees during the peak of the tourist season and always draw great crowds of adoring fans.
During the 2022 Tanglewood season, Yo-Yo Ma teaches one open workshop and performs on two concert programs:
- Aug. 11, 2022 – 2pm – Tanglewood Learning institute
- Aug. 12, 2022 – 8pm – Koussevitsky Music Shed
- Aug. 14, 2022 – 2:30pm – Koussevitsky Music Shed
In addition to being the classical music world’s most popular cellist, Mr. Ma is founder of the Silk Road Ensemble, which debuted in Tanglewood’s Ozawaa Hall in 2000.
- Yo-Yo Ma performs Bach’s Six Cello Suites at Tanglewood
- Yo-Yo Ma leads master class at Tanglewood
- Yo Yo Ma’s Goat Rodeo Show at Tanglewood
- Yo Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble June 24, 2012 concert review
- PBS film of Yo Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble at Tanglewood
- Yo Yo Ma tops Tanglewood program
- James Taylor and Yo Yo Ma video – Sweet Baby James
- Tan Dun’s The Map, with Yo Yo Ma at Tanglewood
- Yo-Yo Ma’s Brazil at Tanglewood