What’s happpening in the Berkshires February 2014
Article by Dave Read
Here is a cool connection for the Berkshires – soprano Renee Fleming, who will sing the national anthem at Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2, a frequent guest artist at Tanglewood, will perform in Living on Love this summer at the Williamstown Theatre Festival.
Roy Gerson Trio concert Feb. 15, 2014 Pittsfield, MA
The Roy Gerson Trio will play a concert during the 2014 10×10 Upstreet Arts Festival in Baba Louie’s Backroom, 34 Depot St., Pittsfield, MA, Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014 8PM. Piano standout Roy Gerson puts his unique spin on jazz compositions that were popularized by 10 jazz pianists over the decades, from historic to current. Advance sale tickets ($15, save $5) available now.
Berkshire Music School present Carnival of the Animals at the Berkshire Museum
The Berkshire Music School will present Carnival of the Animals by Camille Saint-Saëns in concert at the Berkshire Museum on Monday, February 17, and Thursday, February 20, at 1 p.m. Berkshire Music School students and faculty members will perform Saint-Saëns’ popular tribute to the world of animals, a whimsical and humorous musical suite of fourteen movements that is sure to delight the whole family. After the 30-minute performance, audience members can use their programs as a guide, exploring the Museum to find examples of all the animals portrayed in the music.
BSC’s 10×10 New Play Festival Feb 13, 2014 – Mar 2, 2014
Barrington Stage Company’s 10×10 New Play Festival runs Feb 13, 2014 – Mar 2, 2014, with performances on Thurs. Fri. and Sat. at 7:30pm, plus matinees on Sat. and Sun. at 3pm.
The Colonial Theatre February 2014 schedule
- SPANK! Harder Saturday, February 8 at 8pm
- Rev Tor’s Dead of Winter Jam Celebrating the Music of the Grateful Dead The Garage Thursday, February 13 at 8pm
- Roomful of Blues, Popa Chubby, George Boone Blues Band Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:30pm
- Colin Quinn:Unconstitutional Sunday, February 16 at 7pm (President’s Day Weekend)
- DiNO-Light Friday, February 21 at 2pm (School Vacation Week)
- The Royal Berkshire Improv Troupe Presents 10 Musicals: Unscripted Sunday, February 23 at 2pm
- The Colonial Theatre schedule and tickets
Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center February 2014 schedule
- Met Opera Live in HD: Rusalka Saturday, February 8th – 1:00 pm (lecture at 11am)
- Soweto Gospel Choir Friday, February 14th – 8:00 pm
- Casablanca (1942)- February 15 at 7:00pm
- Into the Mind by Sherpas Cinema – February 16 at 7:30pm
- Met Opera Live in HD: Rusalka Encore Wednesday, February 19th – 1:00 pm
- Pulse Ensemble Theatre’s W.E.B. DuBois: A Man for All Times – February 22 at 7:00pm
- London’s National Theatre In HD: War Horse Thursday, February 27th – 7:00 pm
- Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center schedule and tickets
MASS MoCA February 2014 schedule
- Western Swing Dance Party with The Brain Cloud Saturday, February 1, 8pm
- Mortified Saturday, February 8, 8pm
- Date Night at the Museum Friday, February 14, 6pm-9pm
- Burning Spear Saturday, February 15, 8
- Camp Utopia February 17-21, 9am-3pm
- When I Walk Thursday, February 20, 7:30pm
- Roger Clark Miller: A Night of Surrealist Games Saturday, February 22, 8pm
- The Interview: A Play by Guillaume Leblon Thursday, February 27, 6pm
- MASS MoCA schedule and tickets
Here is where you’ll find all the information and links related to skiing in the Berkshires.