The Colonial Theatre is the primary performing arts venue in the city of Pittsfield, MA. It is the home venue of the Berkshire Theatre Group, formerly the Berkshire Theatre Festival, which was established almost a century ago in Stockbridge, MA, The Colonial was built over the course of six months in 1903 for $70,000 and was a popular theatrical and vaudeville venue until the mid-1930s, then it became a movie house until 1952, and finally a paint store until the 1990s. The Colonial Theatre was renovated between 2001 and 2006 and now presents a variety of entertainment and community events.
See also: Berkshire Theatre Group 2016 schedule.
- Rusted Root | Saturday, May 14 at 8pm
- Miss B. Haven | Friday, May 20 at 8pm
- Le Vent du Nord | Thursday, May 26 at 8pm
- The Skivvies | Saturday, May 28 at 8pm and 10:30pm
- Hotel California: A Salute to the Eagles | Thursday, June 2 at 8pm
- South Shore Trio | Sunday, June 5 at 3pm
- Jonathan Edwards | Thursday, October 6 at 8pm
Comedy and special events
- Kevin Meaney, The Garage | Wednesday, May 11th at 8pm
- Berkshire Dance Party and Cabaret | Friday, June 3 at 8pm
- Rita Rudner | Friday, July 29 at 8pm
- Made in the Berkshires Festival | November 11, 12, 13
Berkshire Theatre Group tickets and box office info.
- Colonial Theatre
- 111 South St.
- Pittsfield, MA 01201