The Berkshires at Christmas is something easily imagined, thanks especially to the nostalgia-inducing work of Norman Rockwell and the ubiquity of his painting Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas, which the Stockbridge Chamber of Commerce has appropriated into a destination weekend: December 5, 6 & 7, 2014.
A Christmas Carol at Pittsfield’s Colonial Theatre
A Christmas Carol, the Victorian story of Ebeneezer Scrooge by Charles Dickens and adapted by Eric Hill, runs at Pittsfield’s Colonial Theatre between Dec. 14 and Dec. 22. Tickets for A Christmas Carol are: Adults: $37 Children 16 and under: $27. The Christmas 2014 schedule at the Colonial also includes performances of The Nutcracker by the Albany Berkshire Ballet Saturday, December 6, 2014 at 2:30pm & 6:30pm, Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 1:30pm & 4:30pm.
Schedule for A Christmas Carol
- Sunday, Dec. 14 at 2pm
- Thursday, Dec. 18 at 7pm
- Friday, Dec. 19 at 7pm
- Saturday, Dec, 20 at 2pm and 7pm
- Sunday, Dec. 21 at 2pm and 7pm
- Monday, Dec. 22 at 7pm
Berkshire Museum Festival of Trees 2014
This Berkshire Museum’s Festival of Trees 2014, dubbed On Safari, is matches the museum’s current traveling exhibition, Lions & Tigers & Bears: Through the Lens with National Geographic, which features photographs by the magazine’s Michael Nick Nichols, Steve Winter, and Paul Nicklen.The Christmas tree show and Lions & Tigers & Bears will be on view from Saturday, November 15, through Sunday, January 4.
It’s A Wonderful Life at Shakespeare & Co.
At Shakespeare & Co. in Lenox, MA, the Christmas schedule is highlighted by the return of It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play. Running in the Elayne P. Bernstein Theatre from December 5 through December 28, 2014, the production, directed by Jenna Ware, is an adaptation by Joe Landry based on the original radio script that was written by Frances Goodrich, Albert Hackett, Frank Capra, and Jo Swerling.
Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center Dec. 2014 schedule
- Close Encounters with Music – A HOLIDAY CELEBRATION, Best of the Baroque – Saturday, December 6th at 6pm
- London’s National Theatre in HD: John, Sunday, December 14th at 3pm
- London’s National Theatre in HD:Broadway’s Of Mice And Men, Saturday, December 20th at 7pm
- Met Opera Live in HD: Wagner’s Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, Sunday, December 21st at 12pm
- Big Apple Circus in HD:METAMORPHOSIS – Tuesday, December 23rd at 6pm
- A Holiday Celebration with John Pizzarelli and Jane Monheit, Saturday, December 27th at 8pm
- Berkshire Bach Society, BACH at NEW YEARS, “A Blast of Brass,” Wednesday, December 31st at 6pm
MASS MoCA Dec. 2014 schedule
- Sundance Theatre Lab: Throw Me on the Burnpile and Light Me Up, Saturday, December 6, 8pm
- Hari Kondabolu, Saturday, December 13, 8pm
- Winter Break at the ArtBar; Saturday, December 26, 2014 – Thursday, January 1, 2015
Clark Art Institute tickets contact information
- 225 South Street – Williamstown, MA 01267
- Galleries open daily – Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- web: clarkart.edu
The Colonial Theatre tickets contact information
- 111 South St. – Pittsfield, Mass 01201
Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center tickets contact information
- 14 Castle Street – Great Barrington, MA 01230
- Box Office: 413-528-0100
MASS MoCA tickets contact information
- 87 Marshall St.; North Adams, MA 01247
- Fall, Winter, Spring Hours: 11:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. closed Tuesday
- Phone: 413.MoCA.111
- Web: massmoca.org
Berkshire Museum tickets contact information
- 39 South Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201
- Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.;Sun. 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Closed Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day
- Berkshire Museum
Berkshire Theatre Festival tickets contact information
- PO Box 797, Stockbridge, MA 01262
- Box Office – 413-298-5576 ext. 33
- website: BerkshireTheatre.org
Shakespeare & Company tickets contact information
- 70 Kemble Street
- Lenox, MA 01240
- phone: 413-637-1199