Here’s acomprehensive look at what is playing at performing arts venues in the Berkshires during November, 2015. Dark weeks for many local cultural organizations, but busy at others where Thanksgiving and Christmas season performances have become traditions.
Theatre in the Berkshires November 2015
These Berkshires orgnizations will present plays and/or theatre events during November: WAM Theatre @ BSC, Sundance Institute Theatre Program @ MASSMoCA.
Holy Laughter – WAM Theatre @ BSC – October 29 – November 22
Holy Laughter, about an Episcopal priest who finds that the reality of leading a church is radically and hilariously different than what she learned in seminary, will be presented by WAM Theatre October 29–November 22 at Barrington Stage Company’s St. Germain Stage, 36 Linden Street, Pittsfield, MA.
Info. and tickets: wamtheatre.com/.
Sundance Theatre Lab – MASS MoCA – November 24
Sundance Institute Theatre Program’s annual lab at MASS MoCA, 87 Marshall Street, North Adams MA, gathers top-tier dramatic artists and includes a work-in-progress performance.
Info. and tickets: massmoca.org/
Music in the Berkshires November 2015
The Berkshires are known worldwide as the locale of Tanglewood, the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Even so, music is very much a year-round activity throughout the Berkshires, where concerts and musical events are presented at an array of venues in towns such as Williamstown, North Adams, Sheffield, Stockbridge, Great Barrington, Lee, and Pittsfield. Concert details and ticket info: The Colonial Theatre; || Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center; || MASS MoCA; || Berkshire Concert Choir.
- The Eagles Band 8th Annual Concert – The Colonial Theatre – Nov. 6, FREE
- Natalie MacMaster – A Celtic Family Celebration – The Colonial Theatre – Nov. 7
- Art Garfunkel – Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center – Nov. 14
- The New Christy Minstrels – The Colonial Theatre – Nov. 14
- On The Stage Series: Robin Spielberg – The Colonial Theatre – Nov. 15
- Moondance: The Ultimate Van Morrison Tribute Concert – The Colonial Theatre – Nov. 19
- And the Kids – The Colonial Theatre – Nov. 20
- Mozart – Berkshire Concert Choir – Zion Lutheran Church, Pittsfield – Nov. 21
- Stephin Merritt – MASS MoCA – Nov. 21
- The Mary Verdi Christmas Show – The Colonial Theatre – Nov. 28
Fine art exhibitions in the Berkshires November 2015
An Eye for Excellence: Twenty Years of Collecting – Clark Art Institute – through April 10, 2016
- 225 South Street
- Williamstown, MA 01267
- web: clarkart.edu
Related events: Looking at Lunchtime Wednesday, November 11, 12:30 pm Curatorial Assistant Genevieve Hulley discusses early photography in the exhibition An Eye for Excellence: Twenty Years of Collecting.
Dinner and the Show Saturday, November 21, 5:30 pm Enjoy a private tour of An Eye for Excellence: Twenty Years of Collecting with Manton Curator of Prints, Drawings, and Photographs Jay A. Clarke, followed by a gourmet farm-to-table meal.
Current exhibitions at MASS MoCA, North Adams
- 87 Marshall St.; North Adams, MA 01247
- Phone: 413.MoCA.111
- Web: massmoca.org
Sol LeWitt: A Wall Drawing Retrospective will remain on view at MASS MoCA until 2033!. It includes 105 of LeWitt’s large-scale wall drawings, spanning the artist’s career from 1969 to 2007. These occupy nearly an acre of specially built interior walls that have been installed—per LeWitt’s own specifications—over three stories of a historic mill building situated at the heart of MASS MoCA’s campus.
- Barbara Takenaga: Nebraska – On view now – Hunter Center
- SuttonBeresCuller: Big Top Grand Stand – through November 8, 2015
- Ran Hwang: Untethered – On view now
- Walk in My Shoes – On view now
- Francesco Clemente: Encampment – through January 3, 2016
- Artists’ Choice: An Expanded Field of Photography – through April 24, 2016
- Clifford Ross: Landscape Seen & Imagined – through April 17, 2016
- Liz Deschenes: Gallery 4.1.1 – through April 24, 2016
- Jim Shaw: Entertaining Doubts – through January 31, 2016
- Bibliothecaphilia – through March 2016