The Popular Artist series at Tanglewood for the 2015 season is a varied one, especially the way it may resonate across generations. The improbable duo of Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga are riding a wave of global popularity that boggles the mind. But there is at least one thread that unites them – the men who were President of the United States when they were born were both GOP giants, Calvin Coolidge and Ronald Reagan! (Some links on this page enable you to order various music products at Amazon.com.)
Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga at Tanglewood June 30, 2015
Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga are scheduled to perform their wildly popular show, Cheek to Cheek, in the Koussevitzky Music Shed at Tanglewood on Tuesday, June 30th at 8pm. Mr. Bennett has performed here several times, including last summer in a show that featured a brief set of duets with his daughter, Antonia. It will be Ms. Gaga’s Tanglewood debut. Lady Gaga had recorded three hit albums before recording Cheek to Cheek with Tony Bennett in 2014:
- The Fame
- Born This Way
By the time Lady Gaga (b. 1986 Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta) was born, Tony Bennett (b. 1926 Anthony Dominick Benedetto) had released 39 albums! His most popular albums are:
- I Left My Heart in San Francisco – 1962
- MTV Unplugged: Tony Bennett – 1994
- Duets: An American Classic – 2006
2015 Tanglewood popular artists and Boston Pops schedule
- June 19 – Sheryl Crow at Tanglewood with the Boston Pops;
- June 20 – Keith Lockhart leads a Stephen Sondheim tribute;
- June 21 – Diana Krall, Wallflower Tour;
- June 27 – A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, Live Broadcast;
- June 28 – Huey Lewis and the News, “While We’re Young” Tour;
- June 30 – Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga;
- July 4 – James Taylor with His All-Star Band’
- July 6 – Boston Pops brass and percussion featured with famed drum & bugle corps Boston Crusaders and Blue Devils;
- Aug. 4 – Tanglewood on Parade;
- Aug. 21 – Boston Pops program with Cirque de la Symphonie;
- Aug. 22 – John Williams and David Newman lead film night.
- Aug. 29 – Idina Menzel, World Tour.
Tanglewood tickets and 2015 season brochure
Find out more: 2015 Tanglewood schedule. Tanglewood brochures with complete programs and information on how to order tickets will be available in early February by calling 617-638-9467. For further information, please call the Boston Symphony Orchestra at 617-266-1492 or visit www.tanglewood.org.
Tanglewood grounds map
Here is a dynamic map of the Tanglewood grounds, with photos and information for such points of interest as Aaron Copland Library, Highwood Manor House, The Glass House, and The Lion’s Gate.
How to get to the Berkshires
Follow this link for Berkshires travel information, including public transportation within Berkshire county and Amtrak and Peter Pan bus schedules.