The Mount – Edith Wharton Restoration – Schedule for summer 2012
Overview of the events scheduled at The Mount:
Berkshire Theatre Group’s Acting Apprentice Company’s production of Pinocchio, presented on the Neil Ellenoff Stage in the Dell, The Mount’s new amphitheater.
The Wharton Salon presents The Inner House. Adapted by Dennis Krausnick from A Backward Glance, Edith Wharton’s 1934 autobiography. The Inner House is a vivid account of Wharton’s public and private life. Starring Tod Randolph as Edith Wharton. Directed by Normi Noël.
Wharton on Wednesdays – Come hear for yourself why Edith Wharton’s writings continue to captivate readers and win Wharton new fans. Each week professional actors perform dramatic readings of Wharton’s short stories and poems on The Mount’s terrace.
Berkshire WordFest is a biennial celebration of words and ideas in one of the most beautiful settings in the Berkshires. Organized by The Mount, WordFest brings together acclaimed writers and passionate readers for talks, readings, conversations, and discovery.
After Hours at The Mount, Hosted by Jon Suters – Join us from 5 to 8 pm on Friday and Saturday evenings starting July 6 for a blend of traditional and modern music with influences from the Americas and beyond, performed by rousing combinations of the region’s best musicians. Relax on the terrace with a glass of wine and light fare (available for purchase) while savoring the sounds and the view. The gardens are open for strolling.
The Mount – Edith Wharton Restoration
- 2 Plunkett Street- Box 974-Lenox, MA 01240-0974;
- Open daily May 1 – October 31 – 10am to 5pm;
- Admission: $16 adults; $13 college students; 18 – under free;
- Phone: (413) 551-5111
- Web: edithwharton.org
Ghost Tours at The Mount
- 7:30 pm on Mondays from June 18 through August 27. (NB: There will be no tour on Monday, July 23.)
- 5:45 pm and 7 pm from September 7 through October 26. (NB: There will be no tour on Friday, September 14.)
Theatre, Music, and Literary Events at The Mount
- Wed, Jun 13 – 5:00PM – Reading and Book Signing with Francesca Segal
- Weds. at 5PM – June 20 – September 5, 2012 – Wharton on Wednesdays
- Fris. & Sats. at 5PM – July 6 – August 31, 2012 – After Hours at The Mount, Hosted by Jon Suters
- Theatre in the Dell Presents Pinocchio – July 25, 2012 – August 11, 2012
- Tue, Aug 7 – 5:00PM – The Age of Desire: The Love Affair That Transformed Edith Wharton’s World
- Tue, Aug 14 – 5:00PM – Pitch Uncertain: A Mid-Century Daughter Finds Her Voice
- The Wharton Salon Presents The Inner House – August 15, 2012 – August 26, 2012
- Fri, Sep 14 – 6:00PM
- Sat, Sep 15 – 9:00AM
- Sun, Sep 16 – 9:00AM
Lectures and Special Events at The Mount
- Fridays at 8AM – June 1 – August 31, 2012 – Petit Dejeuner
- Sun, Jun 10 – 11:00AM – Family Day at The Mount
- Practical Gardening with Exceptional Results – 4:00PM – June 14, 2012
- July 9 – 4:00PM: Irene Goldman-Price – Edith Wharton and Anna Bahlmann: Companions for Forty-Two Years
- July 16 – 4:00PM: Natalie Dykstra – Clover Adams: A Gilded and Heartbreaking Life
- July 23: Susan Orlean – Rin Tin Tin: The Life and The Legend
- July 30 – 4:00PM – 4:00PM: Gioia Diliberto – Paris Without End: The True Story of Hemingway’s First Wife
- August 6 – 4:00PM: Robert K. Massie – Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman
- August 13 – 4:00PM: Sally Bedell Smith – Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch
- August 20 – 4:00PM: Michael Gorra – Portrait of a Novel: Henry James and the Making of a Masterpiece
- August 27 – 4:00PM: Jane Roy Brown – One Writer’s Garden: Eudora Welty’s Home Place