The 2015 Tanglewood season opens early with a June 19 program featuring Sheryl Crow in performance with the Boston Pops. It is a return engagement for Ms. Crow, who shared a bill during James Taylor’s mini-residency at Tanglewood Aug. 26 – 30, 2009. Sheryl Crow, whose hit records range from Tuesday Night Music Club in 1993 to Everyday is a Winding Road: The Collection from 2013, has won several Grammy awards and sold more than 35 million albums.
Sheryl Crow at Tanglewood
2015 Tanglewood popular artists and Boston Pops schedule
- June 19 – Sheryl Crow at Tanglewood with the Boston Pops;
- June 20 – Keith Lockhart leads a Stephen Sondheim tribute;
- June 21 – Diana Krall, Wallflower Tour;
- June 27 – A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, Live Broadcast;
- June 28 – Huey Lewis and the News, “While We’re Young” Tour;
- June 30 – Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, Cheek to Cheek;
- July 4 – James Taylor with His All-Star Band;
- July 6 – Boston Pops brass and percussion featured with famed drum & bugle corps Boston Crusaders and Blue Devils;
- Aug. 4 – Tanglewood on Parade;
- Aug. 21 – Boston Pops program with Cirque de la Symphonie;
- Aug. 22 – John Williams and David Newman lead film night.
- Aug. 29 – Idina Menzel, World Tour.
Tanglewood tickets and 2015 season brochure
Tanglewood brochures with complete programs and information on how to order tickets will be available in early February by calling 617-638-9467. For further information, please call the Boston Symphony Orchestra at 617-266-1492 or visit www.tanglewood.org.
Tanglewood grounds map
Here is a dynamic map of the Tanglewood grounds, with photos and information for such points of interest as Aaron Copland Library, Highwood Manor House, The Glass House, and The Lion’s Gate.
How to get to the Berkshires
Follow this link for Berkshires travel information, including public transportation within Berkshire county and Amtrak and Peter Pan bus schedules.
Huey Lewis and the News at Tanglewood
Huey Lewis and the News play Tanglewood June 28, 2015 – 2:30 pm in the Shed. They released their first record, Huey Lewis and the News in 1980, and had a big hit with the second, Picture This in 1982; their most recent hit, Hard at Play, was released in 1991.