James Taylor has announced that he and his All-Star Band have been added to the 2015 Tanglewood schedule, for once show only, on Saturday, July 4. The JamesTaylor.com presale begins Wednesday, December 10 at 10 am EDT. For several years, especially since he built a house in the Berkshires, locals and summer visitors alike have come to expect Taylor to perform at Tanglewood on Independence Day. Fireworks display following the concert, the proceeds of which benefit Tanglewood.
Fourth of July at Tanglewood
Keen followers of Mr. Taylor and Tanglewood noticed the big gap in the Fourth of July slot and the absence of JT from the roster of popular artists when the BSO announced the 2015 Tanglewood schedule last month. And they noted that Taylor announced a single gig within hours of the Tanglewood announcement – that he would play Fenway Park in August. So, what’s up with that? Just a coincidence, most likely, just one of those funny things!
2015 Tanglewood popular artists and Boston Pops schedule
- June 19 – Sheryl Crow at Tanglewood with the Boston Pops;
- June 20 – Keith Lockhart leads a Stephen Sondheim tribute;
- June 21 – Diana Krall, Wallflower Tour;
- June 27 – A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor, Live Broadcast;
- June 28 – Huey Lewis and the News, “While We’re Young” Tour;
- June 30 – Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, Cheek to Cheek;
- July 4 – James Taylor with His All-Star Band;
- July 6 – Boston Pops brass and percussion featured with famed drum & bugle corps Boston Crusaders and Blue Devils;
- Aug. 4 – Tanglewood on Parade;
- Aug. 21 – Boston Pops program with Cirque de la Symphonie;
- Aug. 22 – John Williams and David Newman lead film night.
- Aug. 29 – Idina Menzel, World Tour.
Tanglewood tickets and 2015 season brochure
Further information: 2015 Tanglewood schedule. Tanglewood brochures with complete programs and information on how to order tickets will be available in early February by calling 617-638-9467. For further information, please call the Boston Symphony Orchestra at 617-266-1492 or visit www.tanglewood.org.
Tanglewood grounds map
Here is a dynamic map of the Tanglewood grounds, with photos and information for such points of interest as Aaron Copland Library, Highwood Manor House, The Glass House, and The Lion’s Gate.
How to get to the Berkshires
Follow this link for Berkshires travel information, including public transportation within Berkshire county and Amtrak and Peter Pan bus schedules.