Colonial Theatre Pittsfield MA
Article by Dave Read.
The Colonial Theatre, home of the Berkshire Theatre Group, formerly the Berkshire Theatre Festival, is the primary performing arts venue in the city of Pittsfield, MA. Built over the course of six months in 1903 for $70,000, the Colonial Theatre was a popular theatrical and vaudeville venue until the mid-1930s, a movie house until 1952, a paint store until the 1990s. The Colonial Theatre was renovated between 2001 and 2006 and now presents an eclectic array of entertainment and community events.
See also: Berkshire Theatre Festival 2014 schedule.
The Colonial Theatre 2014 schedule
- Darlingsideat The Garage Friday, January 24 at 8pm
- Pittsfield Suns Present “An Evening with Brian Cashman” January 30 at 7:15pm
- The Royal Berkshire Improv Troupe at The Garage Friday, January 31 at 8pm
- SPANK! Harder Saturday, February 8 at 8pm
- Rev Tor’s Dead of Winter Jam Celebrating the Music of the Grateful Dead The Garage Thursday, February 13 at 8pm
- Roomful of Blues, Popa Chubby, George Boone Blues Band Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:30pm
- Colin Quinn:Unconstitutional Sunday, February 16 at 7pm (President’s Day Weekend)
- DiNO-Light Friday, February 21 at 2pm (School Vacation Week)
- The Royal Berkshire Improv Troupe Presents 10 Musicals: Unscripted Sunday, February 23 at 2pm
- Loni Love Friday, March 7 at 8pm
- Assisted Living The Musical Friday, March 21, 2014 7:30pm
- Rick Springfield: Stripped Down Wednesday, March 26 at 7:30pm
- Boston Symphony Orchestra Community Chamber Concert Sunday, April 6 at 3pm
- Justin Hayward Tuesday, May 13 at 7:30pm
- Lisa Lampanelli: The Leaner Meaner Tour Saturday, June 14 at 8pm
- A Little Night Music Monday, June 30 – Saturday, July 19
The Colonial Theatre, Pittsfield, MA contact info., map, directions:
- 111 South St.
- Pittsfield, Mass 01201