Berkshire Museum schedule – Paper and Light – September 2010
Henry Klimowicz’s exhibition , opens Sept. 3, 2010 in the Berkshire Museum’s new Wider Window Gallery. The site-specific installation is made entirely of disused cardboard, and will extend vertically across the gallery’s two-story window, embracing the interplay between natural light and the artwork. More about: Berkshire Museum installation, Paper and Light.
Wrapped! The Search for the Essential Mummy – through October 31, 2010
Pahat, Berkshire Museum’s world-famous mummy, will be the centerpiece for the debut of Wrapped! a travelling exhibition that includes Egyptian artifacts from the Akhimim region. Two other mummies on loan to the Museum will join Pahat, each in its own richly decorated sarcophagus.
Special Exhibitions at Berkshire Museum
- Nancy Graves: Journey to North Africa – through Sunday, 10/31
- A series of representational and abstract images about the camel in paint, print, sculpture, photography and film, created by Nancy Graves between 1970 and 1980.
- Susan Rodgers & Joe Wheaton: Spatial Relationships – through Monday, 10/11
- A collaborative installation of sculpture by two acclaimed Berkshire County artists. Located in the Ellen Crane Memorial Room.
- 39 South Street, Pittsfield, MA
- (413) 443-7171
- Berkshire Museum