Article by Dave Read
The town of Stockbridge in the Berkshires is a popular destination for Berkshire county visitors because it is the location of Berkshire Theatre Festival, Norman Rockwell Museum, Tanglewood, Chesterwood, Berkshire Botanical Gardens, Naumkeag, Mission House, all important cultural venues, and The Red Lion Inn, which has been accommodating guests since the 18th century.
Berkshires business listings
List your business
If you want to make your website available to people searching for how to get to the Berkshires and what’s on the schedule at Tanglewood or Jacob’s Pillow, then please see this page (new window): Berkshires business listings.
Stockbridge, MA hotels
That promise didn’t last long, however, and one Mahican was forced to sell a 4,000 acre parcel to a group of seven men, including 5 ministers; the “Minister’s Grant” is known today as the towns of Lenox and Richmond.
Stockbridge, MA facts:
- Town Hall: 6 Main St.
- Phone: 413-298-4714
- Police Dept.: 413-298-4179
- 2008 population: 2,208
- Town website: TownofStockbridge.com
Stockbridge, MA cultural attractions:
- Berkshire Theatre Festival,
- Norman Rockwell Museum,
- Berkshire Botanical Garden,
- Mission House.
Latest posts by Dave Read (see all)
- Emanuel Ax Alexander Nevsky Tanglewood Aug. 15, 2014 - August 18, 2014
- Tanglewood on Parade Aug. 5, 2014 - August 15, 2014
- Lizzie Borden opera at Ozawa Hall Tanglewood - August 9, 2014